The primary anatomic condition of the neck, male or female, is the vertical bands in the neck. These bands are skin and muscle primarily. And, there may be some fat under this muscle. Tightening and removing these bands is the primary goal of the neck lift for neck rejuvenation.
To achieve this, we must address the entire face – cheeks, jowls, and neck. The facelift is the gold standard for this neck rejuvenation procedure. Furthermore, there are some temporary treatments that can be made. This is providing the patient understanding that surgical correction is the main procedure of choice.
It is important to note that there is no one-size-fits-all solution for neck rejuvenation. The best treatment for you will depend on your individual needs and goals.
- Non-surgical treatments: These treatments are less invasive and have a shorter recovery time than surgical treatments. They include:
- Fillers: Fillers can be used to add volume to the neck and reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- Radiofrequency treatments: Radiofrequency treatments use heat to stimulate collagen production and tighten the skin.
- Laser treatments: Laser treatments can be used to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and sun damage.
- Surgical treatments: Surgical treatments are more invasive than non-surgical treatments, but they can provide more dramatic results. They include:
- Neck lift: A neck lift is a surgical procedure that removes excess skin and tightens the muscles in the neck.
- Submental liposuction: Submental liposuction is a surgical procedure that removes fat from under the chin.
Nonsurgical filler injections are regularly done over a period to benefit maximally. Laser resurfacing is also greatly beneficial to create the smoothest and most youthful skin of the cheeks and neck. Furthermore, facial and neck rejuvenation is like any other medical condition. Meaning that it requires a thorough evaluation and correct and accurate diagnosis.
Vertical bands in the neck in my opinion are best to have treatment with a face and neck lift. And, technically there are varying techniques to address the deep tissue bands. The surgeon will make the assessment and decide which technique is best for that patient. Also, please view our gallery of face and neck lifts before and after.